December 16, 2014

Bats aren’t the Animal of Dracula…









This picture just struck me as funny. Lol.



Okay, okay, I know I said that the Ifrita kowaldi bird was the most evil bird in the world (Evil Birds of Evilness, December 8, 2014), but I was wrong. Way wrong.

Meet the hood mockingbird (Mimus macdonaldi). Also known as the Española mockingbird or Macdonald’s mockingbird, this thing lives in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador, and Española Island, and it is so terribly evil. It is similar to an equally evil finch (yep, FINCH) called a vampire finch (Geospiza difficilis septentrionalis) in that part of its diet consists of sucking the blood of wounded birds.

Wait. What? A finch does that?

The rest of its (grisly) diet includes…

• baby seabirds/eggs
• baby sea turtles/eggs
• random dead animals
• berries
• grass
• seeds
• leaves
• fruit
• all kinds of bugs
• blood (did I already say that?)

Not visiting the Galapagos any time soon. Or ever. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment